16 September 2015

Foodie Review~ The Wilkes (Artarmon)

Hey guys, sorry for not being able to update for so long!! But I found this amazing cafe for you guys!!! :D It's called The Wilkes.
The owner of this place is super cool and super nice!! My friend actually brought me here and she said their Mediterranean sandwich is really nice but I've haven't tried it. 
This café is in Artarmon, right next to the train station so it very easy to travel if you can access the train.
Also it's perfect to walk around and explore those cute little Japanese groceries and the environment in Artarmon is so relaxing walk around after a satisfying meal!!! I personally love the area myself. :)

Here's a menu for you guys! This menu has more stuff than the Zomato one!! I forgot to take a photo of the drink menu but you guys can find it on zomato.

If it's  a nice sunny day, it perfect to sit outside!! :)

Beverages

The mocha is really really really goooood!!!!! I love this bean, it kinda more on the cocoa bitterness rather than a tobacco bitter. The froth is creamy and the coffee is hot! I hate lukewarm coffeess!!








For those out there who are looking for a bombass milkshake. This place serve you right! This is thick and has a load of topping and it was HUGE!! - $7.50

J'adority - Beverages

Mocha: 5/5 (I love the mocha!! The chocolate proportion is perfect and it is well mixed into the drink! You know how sometimes when you ordered a mocha and by the time it got to the bottom, all the chocolate residue are concentrated and made to super sweet? Well, this cafe will not let you know! I also love the flavour of beans as it is leaning towards a chocolate bitter side so it goes perfectly with the chocolate!!!!)

Tim Tam Milo Shakes: 4/5 (Traditional milk shakes are meant to be super thick, plus this is a gourmet shake, it makes it extra special. However, if you are someone like me who doesn't like milkshakes/thickshakes, you can always get a friend or family who loves milkshakes to order so  that you get the benefit of the topping like me ;) Hehehe..I personally don't like milk nor milkshake but I could taste the strong milo flavour in it unlike most places you taste only the flavour of milk..)

Brunch

Look at those colours~~ It's so spring! xD

Spring Omelette (Heirloom Tomato, Aspragus, Msuhroom, Fetta and Chilli Vinaigrette) - $16

Hash Benedict (Potato Hash, avocado, rocket, poached eggs, hollandaise w/ mushroom) - $18

Spring Salad w/ Atlantic Salmon Fillet (Fetta, baby carrot, broccoli and cauliflower, spinach, guacamole)  - about $20

J'adority - Lunch

Spring Omelette: 4/5 (I love the fact it has kale, the mushrooms are super fresh and suprising the asparagus doesn't taste bad at all for someone who doesn't eat asparagus normally! Though I must say it is a little bit dry but still fluffy.)

Hash Beneditc w/ mushroom (veg): 5/5 (I love the potato hash!!!! You cannot have it anywhere else, it is just straight up different and unique. I actually have never imagine egg benedict would go well with hashbrowns or potatoes. When I bite into that has benedict, the runny yolk coated the potato hash, balancing the deep fried oilness or the hash. It is just heaven. For someone like me who loves POTATOES!! You will like this dish. However the portion is a little smaller than usual since the potato hashes are less filling than english muffins.)
Spring Salad w/ Atlantic Salmon fillet (Special menu): 5/5 (The fillet is not overcooked and grilled to just right, so it is not dry! Accompany with the colourful looking and fresh vegetables just makes the dishes ten times better. I also love the combination of salmon and guacamole, it is so perfect together!!)

J'adority - Overall experience


Environment: 5/5 (I love the way the cafe is set up. It allows you the option to sit inside or outside. We sat outside and the weather was perfect, though some tables might be slanted due to the uneven surface of the floor. It's a nice place to have a coffee break or chill with your friends!)

Friendliness of staffs: 5/5 (The boss is super friendly and super nice!! The staff members always smiling and respecting customers. This is a big plus!!)
Uniqueness?: 5/5 (Totally!! They have the super bomb shakes, they have a really different and cute setting - you will know what I'm talking about when you find the The lego Mona Lisa and the cute little poster! The food there is just not the same old usual cafe food! So if you want cafe food but wanna try something new, you should check this place out!!!)

Revisit?: 5/5 (Definately!!! I love the food, I love the coffees, they have really pretty cakes and desserts, sitting in the cafe just makes you feel really relax and comfotable and etc... I can go on the whole day xD! I would definitely drop by to get coffee there whenever I'm in that area!!!)



That's it for today!! Hopefully this review help you guys :) Until my next review, ciao~ xoxo


The Wilkes Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment